Promotion of the commune of perigueux’s gallo-roman heritage
Promotion, animation and networking of the ancient sites around the Vesunna museum
SCOPE OF INTERVENTION :
Heritage / Performing arts / Museum
PROJECT MANAGER :
City of Périgueux(Dordogne)
- Architect – scenographer agent: Philippe Dangles
- Arpentere - landscaping – urbanisation
- HADES – archaeological expertise
- Anamnésia - NICT mediation
- Pascal Prunet – heritage architect – ACMH
- 8’18’’ – lighting designers
Assignment context and objectives
- The town of Perigueux has been actively conserving and promoting its ancient medieval heritage for a number of years.
- The town is seeking to move to the next stage in its urban, cultural, patrimonial and tourism development by building on the archaeological excavations and scientific research activities around the site of the Vesunna museum.
In Extenso TCH's Tasks
- Assessment of the sites, their environment, their story and the development potential of each in itself and as a support for cultural animation.
- Cultural and tourism audit of the territory and more specifically the area of focus for the Gallo-Roman sites.
- Definition of project scenarios: positioning, marketing, organisation, cultural mediation, animation, promotion.
- Determination of the technical, economic and organisational feasibility.
- Design of a pilot project on the Porte de Mars.
In Extenso TCH's regional strategic planning