Tourism lodging development strategy for Grand Lyon
Quality audit, analysis of issues, forecast evolution in lodging demand, determination of orientations and development recommendations
DATE : 2015
Hotels / Apart-hotels / Holiday rentals / Collective lodging / Camp sites / Informal lodging
PROJECT MANAGER :
Camille Fumanal-Ulysse - Chef de projet - 04 78 63 49 31
ASSIGNMENT CONTEXT AND OBJECTIVES
Grand Lyon has adopted a proactive policy with regard to developing its tourist lodging supply, within a dynamic economic and tourism environment. Today, the tourist lodging landscape is undergoing significant change – in a difficult economic context. Hotels are particularly affected by these changes and how they respond is a strategic issue for the following years. Given this, Grand Lyon wished to define a Tourism Lodging Development Strategy, enabling the territory to anticipate and assist with the current évolutions.
IN EXTENSO TCH'S TASKS
- Objective review of the previous Development Strategy
- Hotel visits, interviews with General Managers, tourist institutions, etc.
- Analysis of market evolutions (supply and demand), market environment (general economic context, developments, etc.) and consumption patterns
- Definition of new issues for the destination
- Preparation of a road map for the development and adaptation of Grand Lyon’s tourist lodging supply by 2020
In Extenso TCH's strategic regional planning