Tourism development strategy for the town of Bayonne
SCOPE OF INTERVENTION :
Quality of life / Urban infrastructure / Heritage / Events
PROJECT MANAGER :
Town of Bayonne (Pyrénées Atlantique)
Bayonne, the French capital of the Basque Country, already benefits from a strong tourism image. The town actively works to determine and enlarge its tourism positioning: e.g. by obtaining the “Ville d’Art et d’Histoire” label in 2011, by restructuring the Tourist Information Office to respond to the changing tourism profession and digital requirements, by establishing upscale hotels, by undertaking measures to obtain the “Station Classée” label, etc..
The town initiated a project with the aim of:
- Drafting a shared, reasoned and operational tourism strategy.
- To include a marketing, a welcome and an information component.
- Tourism audit, enlarged to include urban services (public areas, public transport, etc.).
- Consultation in several stages: Sharing the results of the audit and determining the strategy.
- Definition of the positioning and strategic axes of the “Bayonne – Pays Basque” destination.
- Transforming the strategy into action plans from 2015 to 2020 and implementation of assessment Tools.
In Extenso TCH's regional strategic planning