Study on visitors to Clermont-Ferrand’s museums
SCOPE OF INTERVENTION :
Museums / Art / History / Science and techniques
PROJECT MANAGER :
City of Clermont-Ferrand
The town of Clermont-Ferrand is currently working on a significant cultural development strategy, with notably a view to becoming the European Capital of Culture. The organisation of the Etats Généraux de la Culture, the pioneering signature of a cultural pact with the state, etc. are signs both of a structured process to define a new cultural policy and the town’s strong commitment to developing cultural activities.
Although they attract a fairly significant amount of interest, the town’s three “Musées de France” could certainly increase visitor numbers. Given this, the assignment aimed to:
- Characterise visitors in order to understand their needs and expectations.
- Define strategic recommendations to meet the needs of visitors and increase their numbers
- Analysis of the different types of museum visitors.
- Quantitative survey of museum visitors (around 250 questionnaires per site).
- Qualitative survey of current and potential visitors, individuals and groups.
- Analysis of the standing of each museum.
- Comparative studies and identification of trends.
- Comparison of results and formulation of recommendations.
In Extenso TCH's audience client monitoring and studies