Programming for a monument in Saint-Benoit sur Loire
SCOPE OF INTERVENTION:
Archaeological heritage / Museums
Communauté de Communes Val d’Or et Forêt (Loiret)
- Philippe Dangles, architect museographer
- Olivier Savignat, lawyer
Today, the lapidarium of the Abbaye de Fleury, a renowned monument dating from the end of the XI century to the beginning of the XII century, is conserved at the abbey and closed to the public.
Project management objectives:
- Study the opportunity and feasibility of a museum-type space around the collection by promoting the history of the abbey and the local area.
- Consider whether a second lapidarium should be integrated, with stones from the Germigny des Prés oratory, as well as a collection of archives relating to Max Jacob.
- Definition of the project: opportunity, positioning and functional and museographical content.
- Definition of an overall strategy to enhance the site’s value (visitor centre for the abbey-church of Saint-Benoït sur Loire and the oratory of Germigny-des-Prés, development of intangible heritage).
- Pre-programming, followed by technical and museographical programming.
- Technical, organisational and financial feasibility of the project.
- Assistance in selecting the contractor and monitoring of conceptual design studies.
In Extenso TCH's programming, project management, operation set-up studies