Prospective study of visitors and positioning of the Musée National de la Marine in Paris
SCOPE OF INTERVENTION :
National museums / Maritime heritage / Art / History / Science and techniques
PROJECT MANAGER :
Musée national de la Marine de Paris
MDTC, on-site surveying
The Musée National de la Marine is getting ready to undertake a vast renovation programme obliging it to close for three years. This ambitious project seeks to reposition the establishment on several levels in order to increase visitor numbers: Scientific and Cultural project, business and service functions, image, etc. The assignment thus aimed to:
- Identify what attracts visitors and test the various orientations within different client categories.
- Provide the museum with client expectation elements and formulate recommendations for the development strategy.
- Panorama and analysis of the Ile-de-France museum context and contemporary cultural and museum practices.
- Quantitative survey of museum visitors (around 600 questionnaires collected).
- Qualitative survey: focus groups comprising current and future, individual and group visitors.
- Comparison of results and formulation of recommendations with regard to repositioning and rolling out the museum.
In Extenso TCH's audience client monitoring and studies