Cultural infrastructure on the vikings theme
SCOPE OF INTERVENTION :
Heritage / History / Cultural and tourist facilities
PROJECT MANAGER :
Pol Vendeville, historian
Nathalie Grenet, museographer
- With the prospect of their fusion in 2016, the Haute-Normandie and Basse-Normandie regions wanted to examine the opportunity of creating a major cultural and tourism facility focusing on a popular and strongly identifiable theme in Normandy: the story of the Vikings.
- In designing this facility, our teams had to bear in mind the challenges posed by scientific accuracy, museographical relevance and the territory’s strong regional roots.
- Historical and prospective assessment of the Vikings theme in Normandy.
- Evaluation of the territory’s institutional and economic context.
- Positioning and scenario drafting challenges.
- Economic feasibility and partner search.
- Action plans up until the operational roll-out of the facility.
In Extenso TCH's market and feasibility studies