Definition and feasibility of a centre for caribbean culture in Martinique
Consultation, project management, definition and feasibility of a structuring facility
DATE : 2015
BUDGET : 38 K€
SCOPE OF INTERVENTION :
Museums / Cultural centres / Tangible and intangible heritage / Performing arts / Literature, oraliture / Visual arts / History / Ethnography
Bernard Müller, anthropologist
Assignment context and objectives
The Martinique Region wanted to instigate an ambitious cultural project that would promote the diversity of Caribbean cultures in a lively and innovative way. This “archipelago” venue – modelled on the Caribbean thought that combines history and ethnographic sources with a contemporary creation – aims to be an identity tool for opening the area up to the world.
The assignment constituted the first stage of the project by:
- Defining what the future centre should be.
- Determining its feasibility and putting in place the organisation that will allow it to exist.
In Extenso TCH's Tasks
- Broad consultation in Martinique and with potential partners (French and international cultural institutions).
- Definition of conceivable concepts for the centre – functional, content, organisational.
- Implementation of a scientific and pilot committee, operational assistance for driving the project.
- Economic, technical and organisational feasibility and road map for the centre’s realisation.
In Extenso TCH's market and feasibility studies