Definition of a leading cultural and tourism project for the Néron sugar refinery heritage site
DATE : 2013-2015
BUDGET : 61K€
SCOPE OF INTERVENTION :
Industrial heritage / Natural heritage / Performing arts / Environmental education / Ecotourism / Lodging / Restaurants
Conseil départemental de la Guadeloupe
- Philippe Dangles, architect-scenographer
- Agathe Turmel, landscaper
- Agence Biotope, environmental expertise
Located at the heart of a vast natural area, the Néron site is a former sugar refinery and distillery that today shows the vestiges of its industrial past.
The Conseil Général de la Guadeloupe mandated our teams to conduct an overall assignment to enhance the site, in keeping with the development of a new form of “authentic” and “ecological” tourism.
- Definition of a cultural and tourism concept to attract tourists and locals:
- Outdoor activity trails: heritage walk, environmental and ecological trail with a scientific and technical culture workshop.
- Outdoor and indoor areas for shows that could attract 150 to 1 500 spectators.
- Lodging units and a bar-restaurant “perched” in trees.
- Cultural shop: Creole literature, vintage products, arts and crafts
- Areas where people can get together: meeting rooms, outdoor games areas, etc.
- Economic and organisational feasibility, political marketing of the site.
- Detailed programming and assistance in recruiting the contractor.
In Extenso TCH's programming, project management, operation set-up studies